Read important points of rail budget 2015 by Suresh prabhu. Union Railway Minister Suresh Prabhu announced his first rail budget on 27th Feb 2015. Here are the Highlights of the maiden budget speech of Union Railway minister Suresh Prabhu.
– All India Railway 24*7 helpline number 138 will become operational.
– Toll Free number 182 for security purposed complaints.
– Open Wi-Fi to be available at 400 railway stations; proposal to revamp the station re-development scheme.
– Mobile Phone charging facilities in all train compartments.
– Introducing ‘Operation 5-minute’ wherein passengers unreserved can get regular ticket within five minute of entering station.
– Bio Toilets and airplane type vacuum toilets in trains; · Over 17,00 toilets on trains already replaced, another 17,000 to be replaced.
– CCTVs cameras to be introduced in selected trains and in ladies compartments for women’s safety without compromising on privacy.
– SMS alert facility to be introduced on train arrival and departure.
– Paperless ticketing system to be developed.
– Improvement in capacity on high density network in next five years will be priority.
– Railways to go through transformation in 5 years; to increase track capacity by 10% to 1.38 lakh km.
– Railways to partner with private sector, PSUs and multilateral funding institutions.
– Investment of Rs 8.50 lakh crore envisaged over the next 5 years.
– Waste to energy conversion plants to be created.
– Rail-cum-road ticket to be extended to many stations; more trains to be added under scheme for ordering food while booking tickets.
– More general class coaches to be added in identified trains; more AC EMU services for Mumbai sub-urban sections.
– Online booking for wheel chairs to be enabled.
– Wi-Fi facility to be extended to category B stations.
– Open bids to be invited from private parties to develop railway stations.
– Operational ration of 88.5% targeted.
– Defense travel system developed to eliminate system warrants.
– New department to keep stations clean.
– Four dedicated freight corridors to be completed this year; 6,608 kms of track to be electrified.
– 5-year corporate safety plan to be ready in 3 months to identify annual quantifiable targets.
– Projects worth Rs 96,182 crore to expand capacity of 9,420 km rail lines.
– Speed on nine corridors to be increased from 110-130 to 160-200 kms per hour.
– Feasibility report of high speed train between Mumbai and Ahmedabad expected by mid-2015.
– Rs 6,750 crore allocated for eliminating 3438 level crossings; 970 road-underbridge and road-over bridge to be constructed.
– Plan size raised by 52% to Rs 111,000 crore.
These are some important points of railway budget of India . Candidates of Bank and SSC exam can read and remember these points of railway budget 2015 for their examination.