The Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT) has released notification for admissions to various Master of Technology (M.Tech) courses for 2015-16 session through valid GATE score. Interested candidates can apply and send in their application in prescribed format on or before 30th April 2015.
Defence Institute of Advanced Technology (DIAT), a Deemed University (DU), imparts education and training on Defence Technology to the officers of Armed Forces, Scientists of the DRDO, Technical Officers of the Ordnance Factory Board, Directorate of Quality Assurance, Public Sector Undertakings, General Public and friendly foreign countries. The University conducts M.Tech and Ph.D Programmes and offers a number of short-term courses.
Courses available: M. Tech courses in the following streams are available for 2015-16 session.
- Aerospace Engineering
- Computer Science and Engineering
- Electronics and Engineering
- Materials Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Sensor Technology
- Modelling and Simulation
- Chemical Science and Technology
- Mechanical Engineering
- Signal Processing and Communication
|online application process||15th April 2015 onwards|
|Last Date for accepting online application form||30th April 2015|
|Last Date of receipt of Hard copy of application||5th May 2015|
|Tentative Date of Interview / Written Test||3 rd/4 th week of May 2015|
|Tentative date of commencement of the programme||07 July 2015|
- A candidate must have scored a minimum of 55 per cent marksor 5.5 CGPA in their qualifying examinationfrom a UGC recognized University/Deemed to be University/Institution in India.
- A candidate must have a valid GATE score.
- The candidates must not exceed the age limit of 26 years (Relaxations as per GOI rules apply to SC/ST/OBC/PH applicants).
Note: The candidates who are in the final semester of their degree are eligible to apply; Mark sheet up to the last semester should be enclosed. Provisional certificate in such cases along with Mark sheet of the final semester are required to be submitted before commencement of program.
The candidates will be selected on the basis of their merit, GATE score and personal interview which will be conducted by DIAT.
How to apply:
- The candidates must apply online and register themselves on the official website of DIA, which is:diatonline.co.in
- The candidates must then print their applications and send the hard copies through a proper channel.
- Hard copy of online application along with relevant documents must reach to
Deputy registrar (Academics) DIAT (DU) Girinagar, Pune-411025
- 200/- (100/- for SC/ST candidates) per programme.
Financial assistance: Selected candidate will be eligible for scholarship [Rs.8000/- per month at present] under DBT Scheme of AICTE.
- Semester Fee Rs.5000/- per semester (subject to revision)
- Caution deposit (refundable at the end of the Programme less dues if any) of Rs.10,000/-