IIT Kanpur M. Des, M. Tech, Ph.D in Design 2015 application form are available with eligibility criteria, application fee, important dates and couse detail. Candidates who are interested in pursuing M. DES, M. Tech, Ph.D from IIT Kanpur can apply online by 15thapril, 2015. In this article we are telling you the almost every detail that is important to every condidate before filling the application form for IIT Kanpur M. Des, M. Tech, Ph.D in Design. Okay so let’s start reading and after reading this admission, you can ask your questions via comment box.
MASTER OF DESIGN, DESIGN PROGRAMME, IIT KANPUR
- Students with B.Tech/B.E. degree in any branches of Engineering; B.Des and B.Arch with a valid GATE/CEED score. Candidates holding degrees in Fine Arts or Interior Design are not eligible to apply.
- The candidates should have minimum of 55 percent marks /5.5 (on a 10 point scale) as long as it is not less than the minimum pass marks/CPI in their graduate degree.
- Reservations (for SC/ST/OBC(NCL)/PD shall apply as per Government of India rules. The certificate for the same must be in the format specified.
Ph.D IN DESIGN, DESIGN PROGRAMME, IIT KANPUR
- Candidates having master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Design with minimum 65 percent marks or 6.5 CPI.
- Applicants with a bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Design (four years programme) with a minimum of 75 percent marks / 7.5 CPI or Master’s Degree in Science or an allied area satisfying each of the following criteria may also be considered.
HOW TO APPLY?
- The candidates can apply online through the official website (http://www.iitk.ac.in/doaa/DOAA/admission2015_1.htm) before 15th April, 2015.
- Rs 400 (Rs 200 for SC / ST).
|Commencement of availability of Application||March 19, 2015|
|Last Date for Online application||April 15, 2015|
|Last Date for Receipt of Hard Copy of Application Form||April 20 , 2015|
|Commencement of course||July 22,2015|
Ph.D. (Engineering): M.Tech./ME/BE/BS(4Yr)/M.Sc. degree in the respective or allied area. The candidates with Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/ Technology or Master’s degree in Sciences in an allied area with exceptional academic record and having a valid GATE score may also apply. For Ph.D. in BSBE, candidate with MBBS, B.Pharma or M.Pharma Degree may also apply.
Ph.D. (Sciences & HSS): M.Sc./BE/BS(4Yr)/MA Degree in respective or allied area with a valid GATE/UGC/CSIR score.
Ph.D. (Management): A master’s degree in management / relevant disciplines in engineering / technology/ bachelor’s degree in engineering / science (4 year program).
Ph.D. (Design): A master’s degree in Engineering/ Technology/ Design.
M.Tech. (Engineering): B.Tech./BE./M.Sc.(Engg.) degree in the respective or allied area with a valid GATE score. For admission into M.Tech.in Biological Sciences and Bio-engineering, applicants having bachelor’s degree in pharmacy/medicine with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum may also be considered.
M.Des.: The applicants must have a bachelor’s degree in Engineering or science (4 year program), Design or Architecture with marks/CPI not below the specified minimum with a valid GATE / CEED score. Candidates holding degrees in Fine Arts or Interior Design are not eligible to apply.
- Financial aid (Assistantship/Scholarship) is available to the M.Tech., Ph.D. and M.Sc.-Ph.D. (Dual degree) Programmes.
- Student is expected to carry out the assigned duties for teaching and Research Assistantship. The M.Tech./M.Des student currently carries a monthly stipend of Rs.12,400/- for 8 hours of work per week.
- For Ph.D. students the corresponding financial assistance (for Engg./Sciences/Social Sciences) is Rs.25,000/- for the first two years and there after it is raised to Rs.28,000/- respectively for another two years.
- A 50% tuition fee waiver for M.Sc.-Ph.D. (Dual degree) students is also available after the first semester.
In addition to this several attractive fellowships from Industries/DAE are also available.
- All applications must be filled online.
- After filling the online application, one has to take a print out and send it to the department concerned, along with all the certificates, photograph, and a draft for application fee.
- The list of attachments is provided on the application page.
Financial assistance may be provided to students selected in M.Tech.,M.Des. and Ph.D. programmes. Separate application must be filled for each programme.