Union Public Service Commission (UPSC) will hold the Preliminary civil service examination 2015 on 23rd august 2015. Commission has already issued notification for preliminary examination of civil service examination for recruitment to the services and posts in Indian Administrative service (IAS) , Indian Foreign Service (IFS) , Indian Police Service (IPS) and certain other group ‘A’ and group ‘B’ central services/posts.
What is last date for UPSC preliminary civil service application 2015 :
Online application has already been started from 23rd may 2015. Eligible and interested candidates may apply online on UPSC official website : www.upsconline.nic.in on or before 19th June 2015 till 11.59PM after which the online application link will be disabled.
Syllabus pattern and Scheme for UPSC Civil Service Examination 2015 :
UPSC Civil Service Examination comprises two stages :
- Civil Service Preliminary Examination : It will be objective multiple choice type question paper for selection of candidates to main examination.
- Civil Service Main Examination :There will be written examination and interview for selection of the candidates for various posts and services.
Preliminary examination wil consist of two papers of objective type questions and paper carries a maximum of 400 marks. Question paper will be bilingual i.e, both in English and hindi. Each paper carries 200 marks and total marks for preliminary exam will be 400 marks.
There will also be negative marking for each wrong answer. For each wrong answer of question 1/3rd of the marks of assigned mark to question will be deducted.
The preliminary examination is meant as screening test to qualify for main examination, marks scored by candidates in preliminary exam will not be counted for determining their final order of merit.
Scheme and subjects for the preliminary and main examinations:
- Preliminary Examination: The examination shall comprise of two compulsory papers of 200 marks each. Both the paper will be objective type. Question paper will be bilingual i.e, both in English and hindi. Each paper will be of two hours duration.
- Main Examination: The written exam will consist of following papers.
- Qualifying papers :
- Paper-A : One of the Indian language to be selected by the candidates from the languages included in eigth schedule to the constitution. Paper-A carries 300 marks.
- Paper-B : English – 300 marks
- Papers to be counted for merit :
- Paper-I : Essay : 250 marks
- Paper-II : General Studies-I : 250 marks (Indian Heritage and culture, History and geography of the world and society)
- Paper-III : General Studies-II : 250 marks (Governance, Constitution, Polity, Social Justice and International relations)
- Paper-IV : General Studies-III : 250 marks (Technology, Economic Development, Bio-diversity, Environment, Security and Disaster Management)
- Paper-V : General Studies-IV : 250 marks (Ethics, Integrity and Aptitude)
- Paper-VI : Optional Subject – Paper 1 : 250 marks
- Paper-VII : Optional Subject-Paper 2 : 250 marks
- Qualifying papers :
Subtotal (Written test) : 1750 marks
Personality test : 275 marks
Grand total : 2025 marks
List of optional subjects for Main Examination:
- Animal Husbandry and Veterinary Science
- Civil Engineering
- Commerce and Accountancy
- Electrical Engineering
- Mechanical Engineering
- Medical Science
- Political Science and International Relations
- Public Administration
- Literature of any one of the following languages:
Assamese, Bengali, Bodo, Dogri, Gujarati, Hindi, Kannada, Kashmiri, Konkani, Maithili, Malayalam, Manipuri, Marathi, Nepali, Oriya, Punjabi, Sanskrit, Santhali, Sindhi, Tamil, Telugu, Urdu and English.