Check SSC CHSL 10+2 syllabus, exam pattern, selection procedure, hall ticket, admit card download for recruitment of LDC, DEO, postal assistant/sorting assistant. As you know Staff Selection Commission (SSC) has issued recruitment notification for Lower Division Clerk, Data Entry Operator, Postal Assistant / Sorting Assistant.
Many students are searching about the pattern and scheme of SSC CHSL 2015 exam. It is also very important to know about the syllabus, pattern about any exam which you are going to appear for as it give you an overview and idea about what type of questions can be asked in the exam, what will be the difficulty level of exam, how to tackle such questions. So here in this article we are writing about the detailed scheme, pattern and syllabus of the SSC CHSL exam.
SSC CHSL (Combined Higher Secondary Level) 2015 scheme of exam :
The pattern of the written exam is same as SSC Combined Graduate Level (CGL) Exam. SSC CHSL Exam comprises of written examination and skill test for the post of Postal Assistant /Sorting Assistant (PA/SA) and Lower Division Clerk on computer.
The written exam will be of objective type and multiple choice type questions will be asked in the exam. There will be four section in written exam.
General Intelligence (50 Questions) : 50 marks
English Language – Basic Knowledge (50 Questions) : 50 marks
Quantitative Aptitude – Basic Arithmetic Skill (50 Questions) : 50 marks
General Awareness (50 Questions) : 50 marks
- Time Duration/ Timing of exam : 2 Hours ( 10.00 AM to 12.00 Noon or 2.00 PM to 4.00PM)
- Time Duration/ Timing for visually handicapped/Cerebral Palsy candidates including compensatory time : 2 Hours 40 minute ( 10.00 AM to 12.40 Noon or 2.00 PM to 4.40 PM)
SSC Combined Higher Secondary Level (CHSL) 2015 Exam Dates :
Staff Selection Commission (SSC) will conduct the exam in November on various dates on 01/11/2015, 15/11/2015 and 22/11/2015.
SSC CHSL 2015 Syllabus for written Exam :
SSC CHSL General Intelligence Syllabus:
It would include questions of both verbal and non-verbal type. The test will include questions on Semantic Analogy, Symbolic operations Symbolic/Number Analogy, Trends, Figural Analogy, Space Orientation ,Semantic Classification, Venn Diagrams, Symbolic/Number Classification, Drawing inferences ,Figural Classification ,Punched hole/pattern -folding & unfolding , Semantic Series,Figural Pattern–folding and completion, Number Series, Embedded figures, Figural Series, Critical Thinking, Problem Solving, Emotional Intelligence, Word Building, Social Intelligence, Coding and de-coding, Other sub-topics, if any Numerical operations.
SSC CHSL English Language syllabus:
Spot the Error, Fill in the Blanks, Synonyms/Homonyms,Antonyms, Spellings/ Detecting Mis-spelt words, Idioms & Phrases, One word substitution, Improvement of Sentences, Active /Passive Voice of Verbs, Conversion into Direct/Indirect narration, Shuffling of Sentence parts, Shuffling of Sentences in a passage, Cloze Passage, Comprehension Passage
SSC CHSL Quantitative Aptitude Syllabus:
- Arithmetic: Number Systems: Computation of Whole Number, Decimal and Fractions, Relationship between numbers Fundamental arithmetical operations: Percentages, Ratio and Proportion, Square roots, Averages, Interest (Simple and Compound), Profit and Loss, Discount, Partnership Business, Mixture and Allegation, Time and distance, Time and work.
- Algebra: Basic algebraic identities of School Algebra and Elementary surds (simple problems) and Graphs of Linear Equations.
- Geometry: Familiarity with elementary geometric figures and facts:
- Triangle and its various kinds of centers, Congruence and similarity of triangles, Circle and its chords, tangents, angles subtended by chords of a circle, common tangents to two or more circles.
- Mensuration: Triangle, Quadrilaterals, Regular Polygons, Circle, Right Prism, Right Circular Cone, Right Circular Cylinder, Sphere, Hemispheres, Rectangular Parallele piped, Regular Right Pyramid with triangular or square Base
- Trigonometry: Trigonometry, Trigonometric ratios, Complementary angles, Height and distances (simple problems only) Standard Identities.
- Statistical Charts : Use of Tables and Graphs: Histogram, Frequency polygon, Bar-diagram, Pie-chart
SSC CHSL General Awareness Syllabus:
In this section, questions will be asked to test the candidate’s general awareness of the environment around him and its application to society. Questions are also designed to test knowledge of current events and of such matters of everyday observation and experience in their scientific aspect as may be expected of an educated person. The test will also include questions relating to India and its neighboring countries especially pertaining to History, Culture, Geography, Economic Scene, General policy and scientific research.
For VH candidates of 40% and above visual disability and opting for SCRIBES there will be no component of Maps/Graphs/Diagrams/Statistical Data in the General Intelligence & Reasoning / Quantitative Aptitude.
SSC CHSL 2015 admit cards / Hall Tickets :
Candidates should retain their registration number assigned to them during online registration. Commission will also send hard copies of admit card / hall ticket to the address as specified during the online registration of Applications.
Candidates can download their admit card from official website of their corresponding region.
Admit cards will be available on websites 2 weeks before the date of examination.