Govardhan puja vidhi, kriya and required things to perform Govardhan Annkut puja (गोबरधनपूजा विधि, क्रिया, सामग्री. गोबरधन अन्नकूट पूजा): Govardhan puja celebration is fully dedicated to Lord Krishna who is considering as incarnation of lord Vishnu (Sri Hari). On the day of Govardhan puja, Lord Krishan lifted Mount Govardhan with his little finger to protect Brajwasi against heavy rain produced by king Indra. Hence lord Krishna is also known as Govardhandhari. People also perform ‘Gou- puja (गौ-पूजन)’ on this day, this activity has its own specification and importance; people worship Cow and feed her. All Hindus faith that, cow is denote the shadow of goddess Sri Lakshmi; hence by worship and feeding they think goddess Sri Lakshmi become happy and solve his problem and fulfill them with good health and wealth.
So on the occasion of the celebration of Govardhan pooja a traditional way of worship and worship timing is very much necessary to take the proper benefit of the worship of Lord Govardhan or sri Krishna or Maa Lakshmi. In this article we are presenting a proper format and step by step procedure to performedthe prayer on govardhan puja celebration| special poojanvidhi on govardhanpooja-puja| procedure of govardhan pooja-2015| step to perform special govardhan puja.
Also Read: Govardhan puja shubh muhurat
Preparation to perform Govardhan Puja at Home:
Govardhan Puja is performed in two timings, somewhere this celebration is done at morning and somewhere this is celebrating at evening. But the procedure of prayer is almost same and step followed to perform are same in both timing:
Items required for Lord KrishnaPooja on Govardhan Puja-Pooja:
- Picture, image or idol of Lord Krishna
- Cow dugs (Gober) or mud
- Sri Krishna story book
- Water in a kalash,
- Mango leaves,
- 2 sticks of sugarcane,
- Un-boiled milk,
- Sweets (Homemade or readymade available in market)
- Roli, chawal
- Deepak, Dhoop, matchsticks
- Flowers lotus, roses
- Fruits of five types such as pomegranate and sweets such as laddoo and peda
Step to perform Govardhanpuja|Govardhan puja-2016:
- First step involve making a model of Govardhanparvat (mountain) using garden soil and cow Dung (Gobar).
- Now decorate this parvat (Hill|Mountain) as if you are decorating lord Krishna.
- Use mukut, bansuri, flower, tilaketc to form and image of Lord krishna.
- Offering 2 sticks of sugarcane, curd, unboiled milk and sweets.
- Light the lamp and offer roli, chawal.
- Perform parikrama around the model of mountain i.e. Govardhanji.
- Read the story of Lord Krishna and Govardhanparvat.
- After reading the story of Lord Krishna, offering Annakuta food (अन्नकूट का भोग) to Lord Krishna.
- At last perform Aarti of Giriraj govardhan with all family members.