Dhanteras pooja Vidhi धनतेरस पूजा विधि | required things for dhanteras puja: Dhantrayodashi which is as well known as Dhanteras. Dhanteras is the initial day of five days extensive Diwali festivities. On the day of Dhantrayodashi, Goddess Lakshmi came out of the ocean throughout the churn of the Milky Sea. Hence, Goddess Lakshmi, next to with Lord Kubera who is the God of wealth or prosperity, is worshiped on the fortunate day of Trayodashi. However, Lakshmi Puja on Amavasya after two days of Dhantrayodashi is measured more important.
Mainly Dhanteras is celebrating on the 13th day of Krishan Paksha in the ‘Kartik’ month as per Indian Hindu calendar, October-November as per Gregorian calendar. On the festivity of Dhanteras all family members are prayed of Goddess Lakshmi and lord Kuber with a traditional way of worship, special dhanteras pooja, Maa Lakshmi pooja on dhanteras, Lakshmi pooja on dhanteras, Lord Kuber pooja on dhanteras, special pooja on dhanteras.
The story behind the celebration of Dhanteras is that, after the Samudra Manthan between the gods and demons, Dhanvantari came out of the sea holding the jar of nectar. This is the cause Dhanteras is also called Dhanvantari Jayanti. The word Dhanteras, “Dhan” stands for “Wealth” and “Teras” for “Thirteenth”. On this favorable day of Dhanteras celebration more significance of the worship of Maa Lakshmi and lord Kuber for take delivery of blessings form them.
On the homework of the devotion or pooja for Maa Lakshmi and load Kuber every one decorates a space at their house and designed a small temple with fixed up statue of Maa Lakshmi, Lord Ganesh, and Lord Kuber. On the occasion of dhanteras there have artificial Clay idols of Lord Ganesha and Goddess Lakshmi is available in market, Indian Hindus bought them ornamented and are prayed on the day of Diwali. It is even kept in mind that the trunk of Lord Ganesha is twisted towards the right just because it is considered more favorable.
Also Check: Lakshmi Ganesh Whatsapp dp for dhanteras
This post is particularly compiling to our reader who are looking for about to know the procedure, method and preparation steps follow on the day of Dhanteras celebration or Dhanteras pooja vidhi or Dhanteras step by step pooja process. Through this article we present Dhanteras special poojan vidhi, special preparation on Dhanteras, Dhanteras poojan, Dhanteras poojan vidhi, Dhantrayodashi special poojan vidhi, Lakshmi pooja on dhanteras, Lakshmi special pooja steps on dhanteras, Maa Lakshmi pooja steps on dhanteras etc. We will make confident after go from side to side this article all my readers well understood about the preparation, method of Dhantrayodashi pooja vidhi.
Dhanteras pooja Vidhi धनतेरस पूजा विधि :
Necessary things required for the Dhanteras Special pooja Vidhi:
- One Deepak/Diya made of flour dough with 4 wicks
- Wicks, Oil/Ghee and Matchbox
- A Shell with a hole
- Flowers, Rice, Roli
- Sacred Water and a Spoon
- Aasan to be seated on
- Kheel & Batasha
- Dhoop & Dhoopdaan
Dhanteras pooja procedure step by step:
- Following shining stars in sky in the evening, women at home get together for dhantersa puja. In many homes, men and women together perform the puja on this auspicious day.
- Four-wicked diya is placed on the slightly higher podium.
- Either Oil or ghee is put in the diya after placing the cotton wicks in it.
- The cowry shield is placed on the diya.
- The diya is lit to please Lord Yamraja and to pay respect to the departed ancestors of the family. The diya is thus referred to as Yamadeep.
- A number of holy water is sprinkled out from the panchapatra copper vessel, around the diya. Then puja is performed using roli, rice and coins.
- Four sweets are offered to each wick of the diya.
- Many people offer kheel and batasha also. Then dhoop (incense) is lit.
- Women as a ritual go round the diya four times and pray.
- The eldest women or the unmarried female of the family puts tilak and rice on the forehead of everyone who sits for puja.
- The male member of the house covers his head with a piece of clean cloth. He then takes the lit diya and keeps it at the right side of the main entrance.
- Following dhanteras puja ceremony completes the family members touch the feet of elderly and take blessings from them.
Also Check: Happy diwali in advance sms
The day of Dhanteras is also observed as Dhanwantari Triodasi or Dhanvantri Jayanti, the birth anniversary of the God of Ayurveda. Yamadeep is one more ritual on the same Trayodashi Tithi when the lamp for the God of death is lit outer home to ward off any untimely death of any family members.
We hope that you like our post Dhanteras pooja Vidhi धनतेरस पूजा विधि | required things for dhanteras puja and it will be useful for you for Dhanteras puja.
The whole team wishing you happy and prosperous Dhantrayodashi.